Reporting to the Chief HR Officer of the Peaksware companies, our experienced HR Business Partner (HRBP) will be a strategic partner to the Alfred Music business, significantly impacting the company by providing proactive HR support to assigned teams, helping to make sure they are operating at their fullest potential. Working with the rest of the Peaksware HR team, this role continuously discovers, assesses, creates and refines relevant people programs and organizational designs that bridge the company’s objectives with the capability and motivation of its people.
This HR pro acts as a champion and evangelist for the company’s culture and values, demonstrating best practices and mindsets to:
- Facilitate a culture of accountable, high performing and engaged employees
- Build / coach teams to consistently and collaboratively deliver excellent results
- Develop skills and leadership of people in the organization
What the person in this role does:
Enable “people best practices” through:
- Proactive outreach with key managers, leaders, and critical talent in each group
- Coaching and support
- Conducting small and large group facilitation
- Serving as the primary contact for employee relations issues
- Conducting investigations as needed
- Supporting the following utilizing overall Peaksware tools and strategies:
- Performance management
- Talent development
- Career path coaching and succession planning for high performers
- Policies and legal practices
- Identifying opportunities and helping customize programs to fit the organization's needs
- Fully demonstrating Peaksware values as a role model for others in the organization
What experience is needed:
- Broad HR generalist background with at least five years of HR experience in a progressive organization
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Demonstrated understanding of best practice HR concepts, with an ability to analyze and problem solve HR issues
- Knowledge of local, state and federal employment laws
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills: confident and able to communicate at all levels of the organization
- A reliable, trustworthy and confidential nature
- Commitment and ownership of job responsibilities; deadline oriented
- Experience with coaching and talent development
- Basic working knowledge of HRIS systems
- Excellent organization skills and meticulous attention to detail; process oriented
- Demonstrated initiative; ability to identify things that need to be done or areas where assistance would be helpful, with the desire to jump in and assist without being asked
- Curiosity, integrity, honesty and a sense of humor
Nice to have:
- Experience with facilitation of both large and small groups
- Experience with use of one or more coaching models
- Continuous development in the following core competencies:
- Collaboration/Relationship Building
- Organizational Savvy
- Strategic Thinking
- Compensation and Benefits
- Consulting Methods
- Organization Effectiveness
- Change management
- Organizational design
If this describes you, please apply! We would love to talk to you.
The work characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment that is well-lighted, heated, and/or air-conditioned with adequate ventilation and a noise level that is usually moderate. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and filing cabinets.
All employees must comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures. Report all unsafe activities to your manager and/or Human Resources.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and move about the facility; use hands to handle, or feel; talk by expressing ideas by means of the spoken word; and hear by perceiving the nature of sounds. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.