Are you an email engagement expert? Do you have a passion for endurance sports? Does the sound of a flexible work schedule and lunch rides or runs sound appealing? If you answered yes to all of these questions, please keep reading.
At TrainingPeaks, we’re athletes and coaches ourselves and we are absolutely passionate about what we do. Our online software products, mobile apps, and services help athletes achieve their event goals and coaches grow their businesses.
We’re seeking someone like you to lead our email and in-app communications strategies, to engage and convert our customers throughout their lifecycle.
Who You Are
- Analytical thinker who uses data and testing to drive decision making.
- Communication multitasker that can map out and run programs and campaigns across multiple digital channels.
- Engagement expert who can create campaign messaging that triggers and inspires readers to take action.
- Teamplayer with the ability to work efficiently across multiple teams and with tight deadlines.
What You’ll Do
Reporting to the Director of Marketing and working closely with the Product, Customer Success, Creative, and Marketing teams, you will use your expertise to own the email and in-app communications strategy, from onboarding communications to conversion campaigns, and everything inbetween.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Manage all email marketing campaigns and programs, including copy and campaign setup, volume tracking, and multivariate testing.
- Own all customer segmentation and engagement strategies to drive increased traffic, conversion, and customer retention.
- Develop and execute demographic and behavioral based cross-channel communications through email and in-app platforms.
- Champion continuous improvement of the email development/deployment process including dynamic content, targeting, personalization, and template development.
- Monitor and personalize end-to-end customer experiences by assisting with communication across all customer touch points to insure unified, coordinated and successful relationships.
- Continually optimize email and in-app message creative, deliverability, data hygiene, privacy, segmentation, and testing strategies.
- Create ad hoc SQL reports to help provide direction and validation to communication ideas and strategies.
- Develop and maintain KPIs and analytics including performance summary, multivariate testing, and conversion campaign tracking.
- Continually monitor campaign performance and provide updates to stakeholders.
- Provide strategic input on data collection and usage including the identification of data points to leverage and driving efforts for collection and integration.
- Assist with tactical implementation of data integrations with ESP and in-app messaging platforms.
Experience You’ll Bring
- Minimum 2-3 years of email marketing experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, Technology or related field.
- History of managing email and in-app communication strategies and implementation.
- Experience using HTML and CSS to develop email templates and landing pages.
- Ability to translate Photoshop comps into pixel perfect email code.
- Strong history of using enterprise-level email service platforms to manage email lists, conduct audience segmentation, A/B testing, and deploy and track email campaigns.
- Experience building email automations and drip programs.
- Demonstrated experience tracking data, including standard email engagement, metrics, and web analytics tools (Google Analytics).
- Basic knowledge and experience with structured data and running SQL queries.
- Knowledge of direct marketing best practices, success metrics, and CAN-SPAM.
- Experience with A/B and multivariate testing including test design, list splits, deployment and results.
- Project management skills including managing digital communication calendar, and creative and data needs with tight deadlines.
- Experience with push/in-app marketing communication platforms.
- Passion for endurance sports with a good understanding of how triathletes, cyclists and runners think.
- Experience using TrainingPeaks as a coach or athlete is a plus.
Who We Are
We are our own customers - we use TrainingPeaks in our own training and racing every day. We’re proud of the unique work environment this has created, and it’s a big part of the reason TrainingPeaks has been on the list of Outside Magazine’s Best Places to Work for five years running.
Walking around our office, you'll hear conversations about last weekend's races and see signed jerseys from some of the world's best athletes. Our lunchtime rides and runs make training fun, and maybe just a little bit competitive - but if you're like us, the two are one and the same.
Besides being located in the endurance sports mecca of Boulder, CO, here are a few of the additional perks of joining our team.
- Flexible work schedules
- $1,200 annual fitness allowance
- Dog friendly office
- State-of-the-art onsite fitness facilities
- Company paid phone and service plan
- Casual office environment
- Organic produce & snacks
- Paid 4-week sabbatical after 7 years
Please upload a cover letter, resume, and recent email examples.