Join the team transforming the way coaches and athletes interact!
At TrainingPeaks as a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll help build and scale the platform used by Tour de France teams, IRONMAN® World Champions, Olympians, athletes, and coaches around the world to track, analyze and plan their training.
TrainingPeaks engineers are responsible for creating and supporting many of the sites and services that power our core and mobile products. Our teams own applications from inception to production, and are responsible for developing, testing and releasing our products. Team members must be flexible and willing to take on whatever responsibilities are needed to regularly ship all of TrainingPeaks’ offerings.
In this role, you will contribute to our backend services and help improve workout file processing, enhance system scalability, add new features to APIs, refactor monolithic legacy code to highly-cohesive, loosely-coupled components, identify performance bottlenecks across the entire system, etc. We will challenge you to continue growing in your craft, and you will help us continually improve processes, software quality, and system performance. We are looking for someone who can drive and facilitate architecture / design discussions and decisions, inspire and mentor junior teammates, and bring new languages and skills to a smart and high-performing team.
TrainingPeaks provides the complete web, mobile and desktop solution for enabling smart and effective endurance training. Our products include TrainingPeaks.com Athlete and Coach Edition, WKO+ desktop software for cutting-edge scientific analysis and planning, and the TrainingPeaks mobile apps for iOS and Android. TrainingPeaks solutions are used by Tour de France teams, IRONMAN® World Champions, Olympians, athletes and coaches around the world to track, analyze and plan their training.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Continuously deliver features that delight our growing and evolving customer base
- Address problems of scale to help us sustain current growth and prepare for the future
- Implement technical solutions that affect the entire team
- Support our internal and external customers by developing stable, intuitive APIs
- Mentor more junior developers
- Review code written by team members to help ensure high-quality, performant code
- Help drive open and honest team communication, best practices and education in new technologies
- Perform other duties as assigned
To be successful in this position, you possess:
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or STEM degree, OR demonstrable experience
- 4+ years development experience
- Great communications skills
- C# / .NET, Java, or similar experience preferred, with good knowledge of object-oriented design, common OO practices, and Design Patterns (in any language)
- Passion for learning and growing as a software engineer
- Working understanding of Web API technologies such as OAuth, SOA and RESTful APIs
- Passion for software quality best practices including unit and integration testing
- Srong drive for problem-solving and for constantly-evolving technologies and software development methods
- Experience with RDBMS, data storage, and caching tools such as redis, Elasticsearch, and Microsoft SQL Server
- Self-motivated drive, high attention to detail, strong collaboration skills
It would be great for you to also have:
- Experience with CI/CD processes and tools such as TeamCity, Jenkins, etc.
- Experience refactoring legacy applications and seeing architectural changes through from design to completion
- A deep understanding of SOLID principles, thinking in abstractions, etc.
- Experience with AWS or similar cloud technologies
Note: A code test in .NET / .NET Core will be part of the interview process
If this job description excites you, we're looking forward to connecting!
Benefits and Perks Include:
- 100% company paid medical plan for employees with buy-up options as well as dental and vision insurance for employees (dependent coverage available)
- 401(k) 5% match
- $1,200/year fitness reimbursement to purchase any items related to healthy living
- 3 weeks of PTO for all new hires; increase in PTO at various years of service
- 4 week paid sabbatical for all employees after 7 years of employment
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks
- Dog friendly office
- Music Studio for all to practice, jam, and record
- On-site workout area access: treadmill, bike trainers, rowers, and full weight lifting gym with CrossFit equipment, with changing rooms and showers and towel service
- Corporate discounts on gym memberships and top-brand gear
- Beautiful North East Boulder, CO location
- Flexible work schedule in a culture of trust