At TrainHeroic, we build solutions that help coaches and athletes Be their Best. Our applications enable smart and effective strength and conditioning. We proudly serve clients in the NFL, Olympics, High School/College, and private training facilities.
We’re a high performance culture that serves high performance coaches and athletes. We believe in servant leadership and are seeking humble, hungry, and smart change-makers striving to leave their mark on the world.
Love is at the center of all we do. To be successful at TrainHeroic, you need to love what you do, love why you’re doing it, and love those you serve.
To that end, we’re looking for a Content Strategist who is equal parts Storyteller, Copywriter, and Producer to grow our reach and spread our message. We’re seeking someone who cares to educate, strives to innovate, and craves a gnarly challenge.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing and working closely with the Marketing, Sales, and Product Teams you will lead all aspects of our content marketing and publishing strategy.
In our Content Strategist, we’re looking for a seasoned pro eager to write the future of an industry. We’re setting out to grow TrainHeroic into the foremost thought leader in the strength and performance space, publishing evidence-based training content that helps coaches and athletes be their best.
Our Content Strategist will be a cornerstone team member growing our audience from tens to hundreds of thousands.
For many, this level of autonomy and responsibility is terrifying. For the right person, it’s the perfect position. This role requires an ideal team player with an entrepreneurial mindset.
Publish, measure, learn. Rinse and repeat.
As Content Strategist, you will:
- Assist in developing data-driven customer segmentation across the TrainHeroic customer base
- Assist in developing accompanying content marketing strategies with a key focus on customer journey
- Manage full deployment of cross-channel content campaigns:
- Source, curate, craft, edit and publish expert training multi-media content for the TrainHeroic Blog - managing a growing network of expert freelance and partner content producers
- Leverage and promote TrainHeroic content across multiple channels including social media, CRM, and digital advertising efforts
- Ensure TrainHeroic's voice & tone is consistently used across all communications
- Engage with and selectively grow the TrainHeroic social media community through paid and organic efforts, acting as our primary community management resource
To be successful in the role, you possess:
- 5+ years of content marketing experience with a history of personalizing & leveraging content across multiple audiences and channels
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Journalism, Communications, or related field
- Excellent writing, communication, and organizational skills
- Experience with customer segmentation practices
- Ability to write copy for various mediums and channels distilled from long-form expert articles
- Ability to effectively manage a network of remote content producers
- Experience managing multi-channel content marketing campaigns
- Experience working with content publishing, CMS and web analytics tools
- Knowledge of inbound marketing best practices and experience creating and optimizing content for SEO
- Experience managing social media communities, with an emphasis on targeted growth
- Engaging storyteller with examples of using a variety of multimedia including videos, articles, infographics, slideshows and social media across customer journey lifecycles
- Great interpersonal communication skills to work effectively with your internal team and attract top authors
Ideally you also possess:
- Passion for strength and conditioning / sports performance with a good understanding of how coaches and athletes think
- Experience leveraging Hubspot to drive content production
- Experience using TrainHeroic as a coach or athletes
To help us better asses your qualifications for this role, we are asking that you include the answers to these two questions in your cover letter:
1. What about storytelling for TrainHeroic excites you?
2. How would you capture TrainHeroic’s brand voice?
TrainHeroic operates under the umbrella company Peaksware, Inc. along with TrainingPeaks, MakeMusic, and Alfred Music. Together, we work to help people achieve their dreams through deliberate practice. We share an office in in beautiful Boulder, Colorado and have been recognized as one of Outside Magazine's "Best Places to Work" five times.
All Heroes Receive:
- Opportunity to work alongside passionate, A-players, striving to disrupt the status quo and lead in the industry
- Competitive compensation and incentives
- 100% company paid medical plan for employees with buy-up options as well as dental and vision insurance for employees (dependent coverage available)
- $1,200/yr fitness reimbursement for any healthy lifestyle and gym-related purchases
- Corporate discounts on gym memberships and top-brand gear
- 15-Days of PTO for all new hires…increases in PTO at various years of service
- 5% 401(k) Match Program
- Four week paid sabbatical for all employees after 7 years of service
- Dog friendly office
- Trendy Denver, CO location
Visit us at www.TrainHeroic.com to learn more!